DAC with uPC1237ha: bypass soft switch

Hi I have a USB 24/196 DAC that I'm going to build directly into my amp but it has a soft switch that controls the uPC1237ha protection circuit. I haven't been able to figure out how the soft switch latches. Any ideas about how to bypass it so it stays on? The DAC relays could be controlled by soft start of the amp, so I'm willing to shunt the DAC relay altogether.

Thanks!

20210419_215258.jpg

Unfortunately your suggestion did not achieve what I was aiming for but it was a useful part of the solution. Pin 3 determines whether the unit automatically resets when it goes into protection mode or whether it requires a power cycle. Since I'm eliminating the power button, the auto-reset mode (grounding pin 3) might be a good thing.

However I traced the power-on/wake function to pin-2 of the SyncMOS/On-bright micro-controller and connected a 47uF cap from pin-2 to ground to simulate a button click. It's not as elegant as I had hoped but it works.

If it shuts down then it's not able to power up again with 47uF, but I would rather too high a value than risk pulling the pin down and releasing it before the MCU completes its startup cycle.

20210428_124446.jpg