Parasound HCA-2205 - Loud buzz from inside amp only when cold

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I just purchased a used Parasound HCA-2205 Ultra, and there is a loud buzz (About 15dB or so) from the inside of the amp that comes on for 2-3 minutes when the amp is first turned ON, then slowly fades away, but not quite completely until after about 5-10 minutes of use.
If I turn the amp OFF after a couple of minutes, then turn it back ON after waiting 5-10 seconds or so, the noise is completely gone after the initial relay click.

I attached here a 25 second video where you can hear the issue after I turn the amp ON.
This will only happen when the amp is cold.
If the amp has been OFF for a while, but still warm, the noise will not come back when the amp is turned back ON after the initial relay click.

I read here that output relays could be the culprit, but I am no expert.
The amp looks very clean inside and out otherwise.
I did not connect speakers to it yet, but I am told that every channel is working as expected other than for this issue...
Any ideas?

I am in Taiwan, and I understand that these were manufactured in Taiwan, so maybe there is a good known technician that I could bring this unit to to get serviced and repaired?
Thank you. :)

Attachments

• buzz.mp4
    5.1 MB
Small update: After connecting some speakers, There is a "scratching" sound that comes from 1 of the channels, every 30 seconds or so. Last about 1 or 2 seconds, then go away until the next cycle...
This does not change after the amp has been working for about 1 hour or so.
Another channel does the same thing, but only every few minutes or so.

Is this also related to speaker output relays or something else?

Other than that, the amp works great.

Thank you.

It's a Transformer and you probably have DC on it...
Can you please clarify?
I do not understand.

The buzzing sound at first goes away after power cycling the amplifier after a few minutes warmup. It does not come back while the amp is still warm.

The scratching sound only comes from 1 channel every 30 seconds or so, and occasionally from another channel. It does not happen at all on the other 3 channels.
It sounds a like like when you move the needle slightly sideways on an old vinyl record and only lasts 1 second or less.

Thank you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.