Bypass Balance Pot?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm restoring an old philips ah305 amp and realized balance pot is damaged psysically. I checked the schematic already. Pot is back to back as balance and volume. Balance pot part is revers for one channel as I see.

It is unusual design, at least for me..

Any idea how can I bypass balance pot without affecting design and sq?

Schematic attached.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Philips-22-AH-305.jpg
    Philips-22-AH-305.jpg
    739.9 KB · Views: 159
  • Pot.jpg
    Pot.jpg
    582.1 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Hi,

I'm restoring an old philips ah305 amp and realized balance pot is damaged psysically. I checked the schematic already. Pot is back to back as balance and volume. Balance pot part is revers for one channel as I see.

It is unusual design, at least for me..

Any idea how can I bypass balance pot without affecting design and sq?

Schematic attached.

Thanks!

You need to check how the signal line goes through the potentiometer, I mean with the ohmmeter check the resistance in the middle position ... if you measure half resistance of the potentiometer resistance, better to connect 2x10kohm resistors as dividers, for each channel ... if you don't measure the resistance in the middle position you can connect it as PRP described it above....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.