eBay board recommendations

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No doubt this is anathema to many, but here goes.
Having completed a lm3875 project, thanks to the kind help of some members of this forum, I'm back asking for suggestions for a new project.
I had the good luck of landing some ADS l810s, which need a 4ohm stable amp and a bit more power than my past project will put out. I'm currently using a Sony TA-AX500, but it too is (supposedly) not designed to handle 4 ohm loads, and so I'm nervous whenever I turn up the volume. It's a lovely amp, and I don't want to burn it up!

So, I'm thinking of building a new amp with my leftover 250VA 30-0-30 toroidal transformer. I have a heatsink, and can build an enclosure. I'm not sure if I have the time or skills or money to build an amp from scratch, so I'm wondering if any of you can recommend a set of eBay boards that would match my transformer and my speakers well. Also, I'm on a pretty restrictive budget.

For example, has anyone had any luck with the LJM Quad 405, or the LJM Accuphase e210 clone?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Joined 2013
Paid Member
For a mostly plug and play option, I would look at the LJM “L15 mosfet” amp boards. ~$50 usd for a pair fully assembled.

Has 3-pair of outputs, which would handle 4-ohms easy with your 30-0-30 transformer. You would probably get about 75w per channel at 8-ohm and 100w at 4-ohm.

For full power potential (if you have enough heatsink) you would need a 40-0-40 to 45-0-45 transformer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.