Cyrus 1 schematic question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm still learning my way around amplifier schematics. While looking at the Cyrus 1 schematic, I see something wierd.

http://www.tcaas.btinternet.co.uk/cyrus1pwr.gif

The bit that's wierding me out is Q35/37, and it's feedback to Q15 via R105, C37, R67/69, is this as I suspect some protection circuit that removes the current source to the input pair should a fault occur on the output ? or is it some kind of feedback loop ?

jaycee said:
The bit that's wierding me out is Q35/37, and it's feedback to Q15 via R105, C37, R67/69, is this as I suspect some protection circuit that removes the current source to the input pair should a fault occur on the output ? or is it some kind of feedback loop ?

Hi jaycee

Yes,it is indeed a protection circuit ,that limit the current sourced by the CCS to the input pair , in the event of a short (or a punishing load) at the output.

Regards

You've all just made me very happy that I am actually learning something :cool:

I may have a go at building the Cyrus 1 output circuit, but change a few bits, for example the output stage to a Sziklai using MJL4281/4302's. A friend of mine actually has a Cyrus 1 amplifier and he reckons it's brilliant, even though it's so old.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.