2SK170-GR and 2SJ74-GR

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well you have a choice is it ?

Shenzen SI Semiconductor

ON Semiconductor Shenzen China (Ltd )

and a very long list as well .

Shenzen is a Special Economic Zone -aka- China,s Silicon Valley.

Your eBay link is probably a front for a big company.

But if anybody knows different ?

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Premium type JFETs that are obsolete and in high demand for 20c each? Nope, only those who believe in fairies would swallow a fantasy like that offer. It's well below the market price for small quantities even when they were still in production.

They may measure with some similar characteristics to original product but unfortunately, not were it really matters. If you are still tempted beyond your commonsense though, test them with a something that verifies their performance by comparison in with a genuine Toshiba product, not a copied one. Cheap component testers tell you little that's useful regarding JFETs but they can give you a couple of figures for direct comparison with the genuine product.

808eengr,
I checked it out and it looks like it will cost around $59 for one pair each of 2SK170 and 2SJ74 including shipping delivered to my house.
I already bought this Toshiba 2SJ74 + 2SK170 LAB MATCHED QUAD 0.03mA & 4mV (7-8ma "B" "BL" range) | eBay a few days ago and cot about $53.00 in total. So just about the same. Not to mention the difference in the Idss measurements.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will consider it next time to order from this seller.

Abe

808eengr,
I checked it out and it looks like it will cost around $59 for one pair each of 2SK170 and 2SJ74 including shipping delivered to my house.
I already bought this Toshiba 2SJ74 + 2SK170 LAB MATCHED QUAD 0.03mA & 4mV (7-8ma "B" "BL" range) | eBay a few days ago and cot about $53.00 in total. So just about the same. Not to mention the difference in the Idss measurements.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will consider it next time to order from this seller.

Abe

Measure the devices with a precision caliper, including leads.
Compare to datasheet direct from Toshiba website or digikey/mouser

The wider part of the leads is used in a test fixture. Check those for sure

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.