NAD 326BEE Problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Request for expert advice:

Experiencing problem with my NAD 326bee:

I still hear a whisper level music coming out of the Right Channel Speaker even though the volume level is off or at zero.

At volume level zero, when i turn the BALANCE KNOB to Left, there is still sound coming out of the Right Channel. And Left Channel is silent.

What could be the problem with my amplifier?

Note: already clean the Pot (Balance & Volume) using Contact Cleaner but still the problem.exist.

Thank you in advance for the advice..

Joined 2010
Paid Member
It might help to know when you discovered this problem.
So, is this amplifier recently acquired or otherwise new to you?
If you have been using it for a long time, did you only discover this recently?

Just a comment: There is no reason that a balance control should kill all audio in the other channel anyway, as far as I know.

Last edited:

I still hear a whisper level music coming out of the Right Channel Speaker even though the volume level is off or at zero.

At volume level zero, when i turn the BALANCE KNOB to Left, there is still sound coming out of the Right Channel. And Left Channel is silent.

Note: already clean the Pot (Balance & Volume) using Contact Cleaner but still the problem.exist.

check out the resistance between the GND-PIN and the output PIN of the level resp. volume control attenuator in the "ZERO" position. If the resistance is nearly 0 R on both channels, there is an issue with the GND-management anywhere in the amp. If this is the case only on left channel, you will need a new volume control device.

It might help to know when you discovered this problem.
So, is this amplifier recently acquired or otherwise new to you?
If you have been using it for a long time, did you only discover this recently?

Just a comment: There is no reason that a balance control should kill all audio in the other channel anyway, as far as I know.

Owned this amp brand new on 2016.

Discovered the problem more or less a month ago, May 2020.

My main concern is, at zero volume, there is a whisper level sound coming from the right channel which i think very unusual... Thanks

check out the resistance between the GND-PIN and the output PIN of the level resp. volume control attenuator in the "ZERO" position. If the resistance is nearly 0 R on both channels, there is an issue with the GND-management anywhere in the amp. If this is the case only on left channel, you will need a new volume control device.

Will look on to this.

Thank you.

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member

replace volume pot, its likely misaligned

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.