H/K Citation 11 preamp Crosstalk/Pushbutton Woes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone. I recently finished a recap on a H/K Citation 11 preamp. It sounds very good but am noticing a fair amount of crosstalk if (let's say) I incidentally have a tuner playing and am listening to my TV's audio through AUX1 (or something similar) Is this normal? Also, I am occasionally losing my left channel audio. Interestingly, I found the fix is to turn the power pushbutton "off" and while the audio slowly starts to fade out after a couple seconds, if I toggle the "audio equalizer defeat" button on/off while the audio fades out, I can restore audio to both channels. I cleaned all the switches with plastic-safe contact cleaner and followed up with De-Oxit afterwards while I had the thing apart performing the recap. Maybe another switch clean, or perhaps new switches are in order? Anyone else have these problems with their Citation 11 preamp? If so, what did you do? Thanks.

Attachments

• 20200529_175439.jpg
    20200529_175439.jpg
    982.4 KB · Views: 36
Joined 2011
Look for bad solder joints, or else the switches could be worn out.
You should signal trace the intermittent left channel before replacing more parts, though.
Start with the input and output of the EQ in/out switch.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.