ACA VS JLH Amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I have yet to find two amplifiers which sound exactly the same.
If people claim so, its because their signal source or speakers or hearing is not up to the task.
What are you trying to achieve with this thread? Only you can decide how something sounds.
I got three aca amps, and about half a dozen versions of jlh amps. Comparison depends on lots of factors, speakers mainly. I often use low power classA amps in biamp systems, that allows them to shine. Aca in one application can suck, yet sound quite sublime in another. Like headphone amp for instance. Posibilities are limitless.
Why don't you built both, compare, and report back.
Should be fun.

I have yet to find two amplifiers which sound exactly the same.
If people claim so, its because their signal source or speakers or hearing is not up to the task.
What are you trying to achieve with this thread? Only you can decide how something sounds.
I got three aca amps, and about half a dozen versions of jlh amps. Comparison depends on lots of factors, speakers mainly. I often use low power classA amps in biamp systems, that allows them to shine. Aca in one application can suck, yet sound quite sublime in another. Like headphone amp for instance. Posibilities are limitless.
Why don't you built both, compare, and report back.
Should be fun.

I agree for the most part that listening to opinions of how an amp sounds is not real informative. However it looks like you're asking him to report back what he hears after he tries both of these out, but when he asks what you hear you give him a lecture.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.