modded naim nac 92 -TKD motorised pot upgrade

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
i got fed up with a manual pot so took the plunge with TKD 2cp-2511 motorised one instead and im VERY glad i did, this is one of those 'i wish id done it years ago moments ' not just from a convenience point of view but sound also, to me a staggering improvement over the Blue alps it replaces, greater clarity, tighter sound stage and a vice like grip on the bass also better replay of dynamics less 'shouty -aggressive'.I removed the IR sensor from the Glasshouse remote control module and mounted it in a separate box on flying leads as my amp is in a different room, the module works extremely well controlling the motor with gradual increments.Now im looking at that balance Pot ! any suggestions for a quality 10k non motorised balance pot please ?
CameraZOOM-20190910090118923.jpg

CameraZOOM-20190910090138085.jpg

CameraZOOM-20190910090052582.jpg

CameraZOOM-20190910090203727.jpg

Joined 2010
Paid Member
There is a detailed explanation of the elements of balance controls here and elsewhere on the net - Google is your friend. This will give the requirements. The actual resistance values to substitute for the pot can simply be measured with a multimeter from either end to centre of the pot, for left and right channels with the power off. That is, the front and rear sections of the dual ganged pot. Substitute 1/4 Watt, nearest value, metal film resistors at these same pin locations, after the pot is removed. Absolute precision values are not necessary so choose standard E12 resistor values.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.