fuses for adcom 5300 power amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My adcom 5300 power amp stopped working. I opened the case and I see a blown fuse near the front right hand side next to a transformer.
The other 4 fuses , two each on the left channel and right channel board seem to be OK.
I am a little gun-shy to remove it as I have been told one can get a shock from caps to that are not totally discharged.

I want to order it in the meantime. Can anyone tell me its specs?
Also how do I discharge the capacitor?

Thank you

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Welcome to diyAudio Drew :)

You might be lucky and find it is just a blown fuse although usually fuses blow for a reason...

If in doubt about voltages then you should just measure with your meter across the open fuse to see if any voltage is present. That's good advice no matter how experienced anyone is.

The fuse itself should say what it is, for example T4A would be a 4 amp time delay fuse whereas a F4A would be a 'fast' blow type. They can also be marked 'AS' which is anti-surge... time delay type.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.