Crown D60, no power (noob) - seeking help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Definitely need a new rectifier. You need to disconnect the load after the rectifier and proceed cautiously, checking for shorts before reconnecting. Using a current limited bench
supply is much safer than plugging in and hoping. A variac can be used to similar effect if you monitor current drain.

One trick is to add series 100 ohm power resistors between PSU and amp, to limit current - if the amp isn't heavily loaded this should allow basic function while preventing high currents if there are shorts or faults.

Definitely need a new rectifier. You need to disconnect the load after the rectifier and proceed cautiously, checking for shorts before reconnecting. Using a current limited bench
supply is much safer than plugging in and hoping. A variac can be used to similar effect if you monitor current drain.

One trick is to add series 100 ohm power resistors between PSU and amp, to limit current - if the amp isn't heavily loaded this should allow basic function while preventing high currents if there are shorts or faults.

I changed out the rectifier and both power caps. Getting correct voltages but no audio passing through. I already ripped the board out, and I'm going to put everything aside and figure things out later.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.