AES amplifiers by Sgandurra

Hi! As anyone of you ever heard of AES amplifiers? It was in the last decade a very important italian brand, they were designed by Stefano Sgandurra and they has tree gain stages with irf hexfet, seeming to me like the adcom 8002 power amp by Nelson Pass, is there anyone who has any notice?

Hi! As anyone of you ever heard of AES amplifiers? It was in the last decade a very important italian brand, they were designed by Stefano Sgandurra and they has tree gain stages with irf hexfet, seeming to me like the adcom 8002 power amp by Nelson Pass, is there anyone who has any notice?
I know follow models of this brand: model "ONE" (biggest power amp), model TWO (smaller version of model "ONE") and model "THREE" (Pre-Amplifier)
The best italian craftsmanship by amplifiers, that I have see ever. Much more better than Krell and old Mark Levinson devices.
This amp I have mentioned by post #58 and #60 about
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...electrolytic-capacitors-audio-circuits-6.html
and by post #1 about
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subw...ubwoofer-precision-devices-pd2150-inside.html
(small pic of Model "TWO")
Informations on the web are very hard to find cause the term "AES" (ambiguous term - here as brand name) here an example:
Vendo A.E.S. MODEL tree Pre-amplificatori 79325 Annunci Usato HI-FI End Audio Graffiti sistemi audio di alta fedelta
http://www.cerebrumitalia.it/ListinoSONIC.pdf
The mentioned models in previous pdf "FOUR", "302", "305", and "Four-M" I have never see before.
Who can call there for me (for asking the right keywords for google search and order images of the mentioned models) ?? Unfortunately I don't speak the Italian language.
what means the abbreviation "AES" in Italian ???

Attachments

• AES Model ONE Front view.pdf
    112.3 KB · Views: 202
  • AES Model ONE top view.pdf
    123.9 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

Hi Stefano - Hi Andreas,

I've got an german Audio magazin test review laying around somewhere at home. It was a test about the model one + three( Pre amp). Some inner details were photographed as well.

If its of interest I could look around and attach the review.

Regards Jochen

AES is an acronym and means Advanced Electronic Systems
Thank you
Stefano Sgandurra

there isn't to find any website concerning this brand (URL's from #1 dead in the meantime).
What happens with this company ? Maybe overtaken by another brand ?
Maybe the customer service of a test magazine from Italy know details about this.
Repair is complicated because both input jFET's (2SK389/2SJ109) and the output TO-3 MOSFET's (IRF9140/150, not IRFP) are only as NOS parts available (because out of production).
I have the schematic (own creating according the PCB, but long time ago). Next time I will upload here.

Last edited:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

"Fantastic and rare Italian pre and final pair of disproportionate power (360W rms x channel).
Only 200 pieces were produced.
Brand new and recently refurbished. Sgandurra himself."
Servizi tecnici – Gli Artigiani Studio

"I know AES One well because Biasella showed me prototypes when I collaborated with ESB.

This is a good amplifier designed by Stefano Sgandurra, but absolutely no different from a conventional amplifier with differential input, VAS (voltage amplification stage) in the center and power amplifiers in an emitter follower, which number in the thousands over the decades. .."
Piccola riflessione - Pagina 6 - HiFi-ForumLibero

403 Forbidden
Board for homemade linear stereo preamplifier according to the scheme proposed by Stefano Sgandurra in the specialized audio magazine "Suono"

Last edited: