Threshold SA 12E problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear All
I'm the lucky owner of some Threshold amp and a matched couple of SA12/E as well.
Since when i purchased this spectacular amp never been hot normal ( 50 deg or 10 senconds hands on), but ever colder. For a lot of reason 3 years ago i packed the amp away. A couple of days ago i decided to unpack again and fixed them in the room with a couple of speaker. I swithed on the amp, heard the classical bump and try to warm them up for a while. After half hour one of the two amp remain frozen, led on, so i decided to play some cd and the surprice was that one of them sound distorted, so i decided to switch it off and the surprice was that the led stop to light after long time ) around 7/8 minutes. Switch again on and off several time, but nothing changed so i decided to open the fuse rail and the surprice was that the upper left and the lower right fuse was blown ! Replaced with new but with smaller ( 2,5 amp just to avoid problem ) switched on again and heard a bump.... Open again the fuse hold and the fuse were blown away again. Then i decided to open it and try to find problems. Finally i found 1 upper 15023 and the complementary lower 15022 blown away and the diode at the start of the rail blown too.So at this point my question is where is the problems since the amps never stressed ! Any suggestion are wellcome !
Thanks in advance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.