Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Low volume on all outputs/inputs (NuForce MCP-18)
Low volume on all outputs/inputs (NuForce MCP-18)
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th October 2018, 04:05 PM   #1
studio19atx is offline studio19atx
diyAudio Member

Default Low volume on all outputs/inputs (NuForce MCP-18)

Hello,
I have a NuForce MCP-18. I noticed that the volume on all inputs and outputs have gone low. Almost feel like there is no gain whatsoever. At the highest volume, I can barely hear some sound. Could the problem be with the power supply? Can someone shed some light?
Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 12:57 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Any insights? Anyone?
Old 27th October 2018, 08:50 AM   #3
mbz is offline mbz  Australia
diyAudio Member

Since all inputs and both channels affected, yes, it could be a power supply issue, one or
both rails down. Outside chance it's a failed component (opamp). Difficult to troubleshoot
without a service manual, depends also on your skills and tools available.
Old 30th October 2018, 02:15 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbz View Post
Since all inputs and both channels affected, yes, it could be a power supply issue, one or
both rails down. Outside chance it's a failed component (opamp). Difficult to troubleshoot
without a service manual, depends also on your skills and tools available.
Thank you for the reply. I have another unit and swapped out the power supply board. The unit worked perfectly. You are right, the power supply has issues. I will try and troubleshoot. The part of EOL, so replacements are not available.
  Reply to this post

Low volume on all outputs/inputs (NuForce MCP-18)Hide this!Advertise here!