The Signal Transfer Company

rumble bypass

if your referring to the Self pre-amp that Signal Transfer sell then to bypass the rumble filter would probably be pretty easy if you know a bit about electronics. The filter is clearly described in Doug Self's books and circuit diagrams are provided with the PCB. If you are serious about proceeding let me know and I can delve into the details a bit more for you.

Hi again etlasr,
That's not good news, did you pay them for the order - have you tried emailing Doug Self directly? I'm certain he would want to know what's happening with the Signal Transfer Co - he placed it under Gareth's control/management and usually doesn't get involved directly, but when i finally contacted him, he got my order sorted immediately.
It is obvious that Doug would not want to be associated with anything smelly so it must be brought to his attention.
I see that the Signal Transfer website is still up and running and would think that they really do want to stay in business.

signal transfer didn't reply

....to keep the story transparent, original request (April 19) was eventually answered after chasing (June 19). Gareth confirmed that the PCB was out of stock but would be sorted. Subsequent 2 mails in Nov 19 asking if there were was any progress got no reply so I pretty much gave up. However have just tried one more time so will see. No money exchanged.

May well take up your suggestion to contact Doug Self direct if no reply this time.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I got curious as I messaged both Gareth and Doug around 8 months ago and never had so much as an acknowledgement.

A little internet browsing... Google maps to look at the business park site, local adds and I turned this up. Firstly there is no mention that I can see of the Signal Transfer Company on any listings for the business park. Searching the unit numbers turned up GJC Designs for Unit 9a. GC= Gareth Conner.

Maybe you will get some joy from trying the contact page on this new site.

G J C Designs ▷ Cragg Vale, Unit 9A, Topland Country Business Park

GJC Designs Home

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-02-13 124008.png
    Annotation 2020-02-13 124008.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 231
  • Annotation 2020-02-13 124038.png
    Annotation 2020-02-13 124038.png
    836.9 KB · Views: 240