Fixing Mark Levinson 300 series start issues

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would just like to pass along some information on fixing start up issues on Mark Levinson 300 series amplifiers not due to output stage malfunction. Levinson has an engineering change order to address this issue by replacing IC U1 on the voltage gain board with LT1097CN8 opamp. It fixed a problem I was having with a 331 starting then turning off.

Hi willcycle,

Can you be more specific about the problem that you encountered?

I just bought a ML 331 and I'm going through all the ECO's that I found in the Service Manual and the replacement with LT1097CN8 is one of them.

Also, the ECO's mention part numbers for the replacement components but I cannot find these part numbers. This is needed to have the correct specs of these components. Can you help?

Greetings,

Daniel

Hi Willcycle,

Thanks for your reply. Indeed IC number is clearly mentioned in the Service Manual but it also suggest to replace the Sprague 68 µF 25 VDC capacitors (6 pieces) by part number (240-200013) but nowhere I can find more info of what is behind that part number.

Greetings,

Daniel

Hello Willcycle & rsavas,

Thanks for your replies.
I add some more details: see the attachments.

Those Sprague 68 µF 25 VDC are still available but they cost around 15 € each. I'm just wondering why ML used 'special' caps for this and if I can replace them by just standard caps.

Greetings,

Daniël

Attachments

• Mark Levinson Service Manual ECO.JPG
    Mark Levinson Service Manual ECO.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 185
  • Mark Levinson Sprague 68.jpg
    Mark Levinson Sprague 68.jpg
    490.5 KB · Views: 170
  • Mark Levinson Sprague 68 schema.JPG
    Mark Levinson Sprague 68 schema.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 202
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.