Adcom GFA-555 mismatched input PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
It's apparently customary to start these posts with "Yes, sorry. It's another Adcom GFA-555 thread." So... Yes, sorry. It's another Adcom GFA-555 thread. I'll refrain from calling it a Triple Nickel or any other cute affectation.

Basically, I have a GFA-555 that has a totally borked input PCB. I have the service manual. The input PCB does not really match that well with the service manual. Namely, the component layout is fairly different.

The service manual shows a board 2714-0-1. My board is marked 17-087.

It is a 555, not a 555 II. The board has no ICs, just passives and transistors.

Am I crazy in hoping to find a good schematic and board layout for by broken down board? Better still: Anyone got one?

Thanks,
Nick

Does your 555 have a vertically mounted input board? With part numbers in the 600 range, i,e, Q601?

I am actually working on a version of the 555 board to fit these more rare, early 555's.

I've also seen a couple 555's that had horizontal boards like the later and more common version, but totally devoid of silk-screening, which makes troubleshooting a nightmare. These also utilize older-technology MPS type transistors with the EBC pinout, so the layout is different from later boards. However, these amps are compatible with my replacement board, so no matter.

The board isn't vertical. I've read about these. Mine is horizontal but, as you stated, totally devoid of any silk-screening. It does us older MPS type transistors with the EBC pinout.

The amp is destined to simply be sold but I think I'll order one of your replacement boards. Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.