How to adjust NAD C370 ISC circuit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The manual seems to want -50 to -100 mV between the two test points, but they don't specify which way to measure and the test points are backwards from what the manual shows. The setting is very sensitive to line voltage and can be set either side of zero.

Does anybody know which way the comparators are supposed to flip and/or how to test the circuit for correct operation?

I looked at other NAD amps and they seem to have various versions of the circuit and various different ways of adjusting them.

Thanks,
Conrad

Thanks Valery, that makes sense. The location diagram has the test points labeled backwards, so I was trying to second-guess NAD. I set it up as you described (per the schematic, not the location outline) and it seems to work well. FWIW, the ISC voltage is bias dependent, line voltage dependent and warm-up dependent. The best method is to use 3 meters and watch everything at the same time. The values will be wildly wrong on power-up, but will settle closer in a minute and stabilize in 5-10 minutes. Then one can fine tune the bias to 5.5 mV and the ISC to -75 mV.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.