K176 + J50 pairing, any problems?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A friend of mine comes to me and ask to build him a mosfet amp, but he gave me 2SK176 and 2sJ50's.... I know they are not exact compliments but it his only stocks 4 pcs K176 and 4 pcs J50..He could not find K135 or J56 and if there is, it's definitely expensive

Looking at the attached datasheet...k176/j56 are higher voltage /wattage (200v/125w) version of the K135/J50.

What will be the consequences if I push-through the project using PP amp sch with +/- 50V rails?

Attachments

• 2SK175_76.pdf
    91.4 KB · Views: 68
With 70 views no one have the idea if it's possible. These are laterals i think VGS will be the issue. Looking the typical transfer characteristics there's only a slight variance in Vgs with reference to Drain current.

With the verticals like the IRF's and FQP's , this is possible as long as the rds is closely match irregardless of max VDD and Max drain current capability as well as Crss, Ciss and Coss.
Any can shade some light here?

Attachments

• 2SJ49_50.pdf
    194.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 2SK175_76.pdf
    91.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
keep voltages in sane region for lower voltage parts and that's it

N and P polarity of these mosfets - regarding capacitances, even for strict complementary parts , aren't the same - that's why you can see (often) additional picocaps on one side of OS

I had opportunity to see Hafler DH200 coming from factory with mixed (as your intention) mosfets in output - one polarity for DH200 , other one for DH500

;)

keep voltages in sane region for lower voltage parts and that's it

N and P polarity of these mosfets - regarding capacitances, even for strict complementary parts , aren't the same - that's why you can see (often) additional picocaps on one side of OS

I had opportunity to see Hafler DH200 coming from factory with mixed (as your intention) mosfets in output - one polarity for DH200 , other one for DH500

;)

That's a big enlightenment Zen Mod....Thanks.

Keeping the same voltage that will not exceed the lower pair.
According the owner of these Mosfets it was originaly intended for Hafler's as repair kits and these are the ones left and cannot find exact compliments.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.