Chevin A1000 Refurbishment

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All

I am an electrician by trade with basic electronics experience. I am in the process of refurbishing an old Chevin A1000 amplifier, which is well used and abused. I am wondering if anyone has schematic for the A series amplifiers. I am not that familiar with electronics so some of the terminology might be french to me. What I have found with the amplifier is that it is very dusty and corroded on the steel chassis. I have disassembled the main board, which I did not find easy at all, as the rear mounting screws for the pcb was under the steel chassis, but eventually took it apart. Going to clean it all up with air and contact cleaner. Then spray the chassis and outside to make it like new. also found the resistors between the diodes a bit crumbly with wires on the winds exposed, so ordered replacements from RS.

I would like some advice on the capacitors. Is it advisable to replace or upgrade these. I see there are four open spaces with resistors fitted. Can these by fitted with extra capacitors to increase the capacitor bank:scratch2:. Are there any mods to improve cooling like fitting better fans or preventing dust entering the amp in the first place?

Some advice would be appreciated.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.