Adjust your amplifier with a level!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
High Folks!

Adjusting your amplifier with a level balances the sound!
The explanation is simple because it's well known that electrons also follow gravity.
For example, I lifted my home amplifier on the left and the sound became too poor, I lifted it on the right and the sound was getting too rich!
By opening the case I could see that the most copper plane area was on the left side, which clearly proofed this effect.
Next time I can show you how to shield the magnetic earth field from your audio equipment, so stay alerted!

Last edited:
... while balancing the amplifier, keep in mind that the effective electron mass can be very different, depending on the electrons position in the crystal lattice. Better install at least three different ground planes for heavy, normal and light electrons!

Rundmaus

Adjusting your amplifier with a level balances the sound!
The explanation is simple because it's well known that electrons also follow gravity.

:Ouch:

Sei mir nicht böse, aber was du auch genommen hast - es war offensichtlich zuviel.

Guess I better won't translate this. :xeye:

For example, I lifted my home amplifier on the left and the sound became too poor,
I lifted it on the right and the sound was getting too rich!

Klarer Fall - kalte Lötstelle. Obviously a cold solder joint. ;)

210-

I just tried this at home with both a solid state and tube amplifier. While it didn't seem to have too much of an effect on the valves, it did indeed open up the soundstage on my solid state quite considerably. Upon spinning a couple of my more prized albums, it seemed almost as if the artists were standing in front of me. Indeed, some of the voices seemed to actually be in my head. Great tweak!

Can you comment at all on the difference in effect on valves vs solid state? Perhaps something to do with the ground plane you mention? My tube amp is all point to point, mostly cobbled together from bits of asphalt and broken light bulbs. On very reliable advise, I did also milk a couple of cottonmouths and spritz their fluid on the chassis, along with the usual incantations. I would think even a small tweak like yours would be audible with the resolution this amp is claimed to posses.

Thanks for your post! That's the reason we all love DIY.

Soda

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.