Denon 2809ci Audessey Setup Mic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know if I can use any ol' microphone (I would buy a good omnidirectional one) to use in the audessey setup for my denon 2809? I'm resetting the chip because (don't know if anyone has had these problems before) I'm having a couple issues i can't has out manually. I'll describe it here just in case someone knows what's going on...... Movies and stuff sound good enough, however if I run certain games on my xbox 360 like for instance the original ghost recon, I get a TON of bass from the subs and mains. I literally have to turn the subs completely off and still get a lot from the mains (just walking in the game puts out alot ....weird right?) Also before (haven't used it in a long time) i remember the receiver at least telling me in the OSD if I was actually getting a DTS or Dolby Digital signal and stuff like that. Now (even running a blu-ray and making sure the correct audio option is checked) it will only say Pro Logic IIx. Any clues?:confused:
If it helps I'm running Mirage M-3's for mains, MC-2 for a center, MBS-2's for surround backs and rears, and SS-1500 and SS-1000 for subs.
Thanks again for any help.

On most systems, a signal is sent to the microphone, from the system and then the signal amplitude is received from the microphone it is analysed and the "Tone" is set by the processor.
Any good quality condenser microphone will give good results. A Shure SM58 is excellent for vocals but useless for processing. An omnidirectional inexpensive condenser microphone is ideal.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.