class a current mode amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
The 34072 is a "single rail device" which always strikes me as a bit meaningless tbh when all voltages are relative to a given reference point anyway.

I think most normal opamps should be OK with the proviso that they have good output swing on that supply voltage (9V). Officially single rail devices don't suffer latch up if the common mode voltage range does something unexpected but that doesn't seem likely here.

I would say be prepared to try a couple of different devices for best performance but ultimately it shouldn't be an issue. Maybe a FET device like the OPA134/2134 which is good on low supplies.

Hi
Mooly,Thanks
In the late 1970s I build several of the original LH class a amp. from 1969.(modified to 2*15W.)
Tried many others dessings in the years,havent found anything coming even close to the LH`s hi and mid range.Im still going back to it despite its lacks of power for low freq.
I plan to use the LH for hi range and the 25W for mid-low range.
Need to make some surgery on my "timewindows" (speakers) crossoverfilter or build an active ditto.
Jan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.