Just scored a Sanyo DC-8500K, Can its preamp board drive a Matsushita EPC-451C?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, The amplifier is pretty much on its last legs, the cabinet was all busted up by some punk kids but I did save the speakers, and I was wondering if I could pull out the preamplifier board as shown below and power a Matsushita EPC-451C with it as this is the only CD-4 pickup that I own.

Or will it simply blow up the fragile and rare as pickup?

Was wondering if anyone had a Schematic for this unit?

KaDMt.jpg

jWr8J.jpg

mYDPy.jpg

01Pu4.jpg

geynE.jpg

f1iG7.jpg

Check out those traces, wow!

Last edited:
EPC-451c is a strain gauge cartridge, and requires a special preamp which supplies DC bias and different eq (not compatible with magnetic phono input. Manual for the cartridge is on vinylengne.com (free but have to register There are several threads in the turntable forum at audiokarma.com and at vinylengine.com and probably here. Matsushita (or Panasonic or Technics) made a CD4 demodulator which includes preamp for this cartridge, and there are a couple of DIY circuits here and on vinlylengine (also probably somewhere around here). It is very unlikely that the preamp in the sanyo would work at all with that cartridge. Good luck.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.