weak bass output from adcom gfa 5500

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have the parts list from the service manual, and no schematic, and I dont have any of the other tools u speak of, but just found something fishy, if Im looking at this correctly...the C03 on the parts list states a cap value of 47uf 50v..mine are 1000uf ( there is 8 of these)and 100v..the C09 is the correct value of 47uf 25v...only going by what is on the cap, have not taken any measurements of the caps yet.

47uf to 1000uf is really a big difference.

So, was it just the power supply capacitors that were replaced or did they replace caps on the amplifier boards also?
We replaced every capacitor there is but only the smallest ones turned out to matter in my case, the ones on the side circuits of the amp. Upon replacing them the bass was back in full and I can't be happier with the amp. It gives justice to my Dynaudios as good as the best of the amplifiers I have tried, while being a lot cheaper than most.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.