TA-200W replacement (Kenwood KR-9600)

TA-200W datasheet

Does anyone have a datasheet for this part? I know it is unavailable but I would like to design a replacement for it on a small CCA that will plug into the original footprint and mount on the heatsink. If no data sheet, could someone measure the part and mounting configuration?

What do you mean by CCA, I am guess Compact Circuit Assembly. I have asked a few to send me a dead one, as a mechanical sample, know one has obliged. I do not think there ever was a data sheet released to the public as it was a one of part deigned by or for Kenwood. Good Luck

I should have said "one of a kind"
Small banana's as far as return on time and investment. But a fun project none the less.
I have what you have as far as documentation.
I even asked a few to measure one up, nothing, so I am not going to pursue it any further. I do not have a kr9600, no plan on ever getting one, so all yours :)

Hello Folks!

Hope everybody's doing well in these heavy times.

I'd like to revive this thread.

I just put my hands on a Ken KR 9600 as well and just happened that one of the TA-200W module is shutdown.

I tried to buy one on Alibaba that is advertised as original etc... but believe, me & my Tech guy ordered it and it arrived but with big disappointement.

First, the Module wasn't the same size as the original TA-200W from Kenwood. Was a little smaller. So you had to dig other holes in order to have it fit but the braket teeth were the same size.

And to top it all, once my Tech had it installed, all you'd hear is Distortion. So we asked for refund.

Long story short to say I know that these TA-200W modules are extremely rare nowadays.

Is there anyone who happen to know someone or where I could find one? It would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance for you any input or feedbacks to help.

Cheers and stay safe
Bless

Post #1 & #4 of this thread show you exactly what you can do to fix the situation.
Or you wait for a NOS module or a used pull to show up on eBay. That's pretty much it in a nut shell. Anything listed as NOS is most likely fake.

Thank you so much @Zentronics for the reponse and mostly heads up about buying any FAKE NOS module on those Alibaba sites.

I'll see with my Tech if he could read up and see if he could follow up the steps on how to rebuild for the non-working module. Crossing finger he'll be able to revive it back to life.

Much appreciated ;-)

Kenwood KR-9600 TA-200W replacement I have done this and works good.
Yes the supplier is from China but is good quality.
I have been using this hybrid board for two years and it is holding up well at all volumes.
I just installed these hybrid boards into another dead kr-9600 and it is working just as well.
I have a post on audio karma on some of the work that needs to be done and some of the specs if you guys are interested

Fake IC's from China

I have a Kenwood receiver with one channel bad, TA-200W defective.
I only found one supplier on Alibaba: Shechen Top Source Technologies.
I ask first if they are fakes? They ignored my question, but after I saw that they are doing 20 million dollar/year business I was stupid to buy.
After arrived I put it in and of course was garbage ! They did not even returned my money, nor Paypal was supporting me and never got my money.
Save yourself the trouble - all those are fakes.
The way to go is to make or buy a module.

Kenwood KR-9600 TA-200W replacement I have done this and works good.
Yes the supplier is from China but is good quality.
I have been using this hybrid board for two years and it is holding up well at all volumes.
I just installed these hybrid boards into another dead kr-9600 and it is working just as well.
I have a post on audio karma on some of the work that needs to be done and some of the specs if you guys are interested
Hi eddy,
Any chance you could provide a link to the China supplier with the known good module replacement for a long awaited solution to our KR9600 troubles?
Jim