circuit switching

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all new here...
I have a ultra low noise pre-amp that am experimenting with and need to switch a capacitor in and out without extra noise. Just switching the one leg of the cap will do.
I dont wish to use a simple on/off toggle switch with leads connected as the leads will act as antenna and induce noise..
Would prefer it as IC based smd or other wise to do the switching .. but this device should not induce noise of any sort.
The other thing is it has to be switched as I need to close up the unit and take it away from any noisy environment.. this is why the switch is needed... as I am testing as to what value of capacitor is needed.
any help on this ??
The unit is running on 7.5 volts and is converted to 12 v and 5 v dual.

ross

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
If there is the slightest voltage differential on the capacitor vs the points in the circuit it is being switched into then you will get a "click" noise.

My prefered option would probably be something like a jfet as the switching element.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.