Arcam Alpha 10 - Service

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just stumbled across this thread.

Did you try swapping the inputs and outputs over so you're running the same side (L or R) through a different channel on the amplifier and listen for a difference ?

The original caps were BHC Aerovox, if you want to upgrade them try slit-foil or Kendeil.

If you want to check the caps crudely in circuit measure the rail voltage on AC on L and R not DC. If one has dried out you'll find the AC ripple on that side much higher.

Arcam Alpha 10p problems

hi there guys ,ive repaired a couple of these amps,defo change out the main caps ,also ,there are two power supplies in these amps change out the single power supply cap as well,these amps also fail on the mosfets and diodes,bridge rectifiers,so possibly change those out,if they ever go into standby mode {red light],possibly change out circuit protection module,9 pin ,i cant remember the location of these parts but if anyone needs them i will dig out my schematics for the 10p,hope this help.mk

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.