what can i do with these?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

they are TIP35C/36C. 100V/25A/125W/3MHz. They are equal to BD249C/250C, the good old output devices. There are lot of DIY amplifier built with this devices.
Try to get some 35C, and You can build 120W/4ohm amplifier with 2pairs of them.

Sajti

kaukasion said:
well currently i have 4 of the tip36c
how much power can i get out of them?

The 36C is PNP type. The possibilities:
1, Build some class "A" follower. They are good for some 10-15W, with heavy heatsinks
2, Build quasy complementary output stage with them. (Note PNP types for quasy complementary design not common, so not easy to find some schematics). You can get some 40-50W 8ohm, and 90-100W 4ohms. More is possible but not safe to use only two output devices.

regards: Sajti

Schematic for you

Hi just sub out the 2n6109's with your tip36c's and it should work alright, get you 40~50 watts or so.

I desinged this amp, but it is more or less standard fair. You may also need to replace r18 with a pot to adjust the dc ofset at the output, and r13 and r12 are actually just a 10k pot. You could use some higher power pre-drivers to run tip36's q22 and q24, you could even use the other 2 tip36's but it be a bit over-kill. Sorry, you will have to gather some other parts if you decide to build this.

Their are many improvements that could be made but it's cheap and easy to build in it's current state.

http://www.easyamp.com/Schematic/pnpamp.gif

Good luck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.