Help - Ion Obelisk 1 Left channel blow out

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
Yesturday I was listening to some records when the left channel died on my ion obelisk 1, There was some smoking and now there is no left channel and a loud hum on that channel.
Upon opening it up there appears to be some discolouration on the resistors R44 & R40, could this be responsible for the loss of th e channel or am I hunting for ghosts?

I realise it is an old amp (I bought it off ebay about 6 months ago) but after a bit of searching it appears that a few discussions appear in the archive here, so how about it are there any Obelisk tinkerers out there that could help a complete novice, thanks in advance

Amp Pictures

Hi All,

To My Novice eye there is damage to some of the resistors (five, Two large pale blue and 3 smaller green appear to have dark staining or burn residue), and one or two of the transistors (there are two types BDT64C PNP & BT65C NPN I think they are phillips darlingtons, but, I have no idea), the caps seem to be fine no visible problems (busting etc), also the phono stage (top right in 1st pic?) seems to be fine, but any interpretation is welcome and needed. Thanks.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Amp Overview

AmpOverview.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.