Akai AM-U7

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Far away from the crap built those days in the someway blurred Hi-Fi market, I got very surprised by this good integrated amplifier. Very few comments on Akai components besides their strong and well regarded magnetic recording machines, with far more sales in Europe, mainly Germany and France. Good toroidal transformer, 15.000 mF caps, discrete components, mixed with a face tipically of early 80`s (this is from 1983), the fact is that this is an open loop circuit, meaning that Akai was searching for musicality and not trying to show a row of "0" before their first meaming number of THD as usual. Resurrected by changing 4 zeners (only 1 broken phisically, so nothing of science here), It sounds very very very good, it deserves a recapping operation.
So far a kind of description... Now I invite every kindful soul that could spread some light to the only issue I hear and think it`s not as it should... Some very noticeable (high) "hiss" or better "residual noise", in fact I had Amps with noisy bottom levels but this is wrong for me, and it seems to be a litte higher in one channel, not having neither a SM or Schematics I don´t know where to start ...
Advices will be ... you know... very welcome!!
Cheers,
Marcelo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.