Mirand A1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Jam and PerAnders.

Symmetry versus non symmetry. Thats the question!

Most non symmetry designs does not have identical posetive and negative slewrates. This will in return give you non identical distortion as a bi product of the slewrate.

Please correct me if i am wrong?!?

Symmetrical design does only contain a small amount (10 - 20%) more transistors. and will have largely identical responses on a posetive or negative signal change..

I know that P and N types will never be 100% identical more like 80 - 90% identical. But the perfomance of an current feedback amplifier will rarely be matched by a non symmetrical VFB amplifier.

I have build several amps now. The symmetrical amps (Simple or advanced) perfome in most cases better than non-symmetrical amps.

CFB amps will always have an identical response independent of the signal.

What i am working on right now is to add current gain to the current mirrors. Factor 4 - 10. The VAS stage will have the same gain, but the "current distortion" introduced into the VAS stage from the outputs BJT's will be smaller.

Thats my state right now. So i am modifying the amp a bit and adding more output BJT's and more driver BJT's. To be sure that the output will work in the "linear" range of the current gain.

It will end up in a commercial DIY design.

Meaning, pcb's for sale?

Yes it means PCB for sale. But this time all chip resistors, capacitors and all SMT transistors are mounted. The user then have to concentrate on the through hole parts.

I can sell the PCB bare but then it is not rookie project any more.
Earlier when I have tried to sell bare PCB I did only sell 1 set!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.