Tom Colangelo passed away ? :-(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Class D patent

What is amazing about the US is that anything about anyone can be obtained.
Like for instance the contributions a Mr T Colangelo made to the Democratic party, and his contributions to the Gore campaign in 2000.
A few dollars more gives the adress and phone number of Mr Steven Marsh in Hamden, CT.

The ram intake WS6 version of the Pontiac Firebird is an attraction of the 2002 model btw, comparable with the 2002 Camaro SS.
Standard a 165mph and zero-60 in 5 second screamer.
It's real easy to get 100 hp and 100 ft-lbs more out of the 350 block, just a simple bolt-on will do.
If Mr C had been me, he'd gone for a blueprinted Gen V 502CI shortblock, Dart Big Chief heads and fuel injection, +500hp/ft-lbs to start with.
The Viola building is located in the centre of New Haven, near the river.
At 06.45AM, someone would take the interstate 61, unless he was in an early morning racing mood.

(ps: John Curl is from 1942, Mark Levinson from 1946, Thomas Phillip Michael Colangelo from 1950, each time 4 years difference)

It's not about patents and cars, but about the validity of the statement that Mr Colangelo has passed away.

The majority of the ones who posted on this thread know more about Tom Colangelo than the average person.
Discussing the authenticity that it is indeed the audio designer Colangelo with facts and circumstances is both respectfull and relevant, even if it's car talk.
One-liners about proper decorum is not, not in my book anyway.

I used the ML1 as one of my models when I designed my AKSA Swift preamp. It certainly didn't sell like his, but his design was seminal and an example to all.

I'm very saddened to hear of a clever petrol head dying on the roads. But as the owner of a fast motorcycle this is a risk we all take when we enter the road system. I support Jacco in his sentiments about this thread.

Hugh

Hi, everyone. I was just looking for info on Tom and found this site. He did, in fact, pass away. My husband is handling the insurance claim from the accident. What happened is very sad. From reading what I have about Mr. Colangelo, he seemed like a very nice man. I'm sorry for your loss.

Yes, Tom died on September 5th in a car accident. I attended his memorial service today.

Tom designed the ML-2 through ML-12. John Curl designed the JC-2 preamp that became the ML-1 with Tom's module designs.

The ML-2 grew from a Curl design, the JC-3.

Of course, Tom designed all of the Cello products (including the Palette) and all Viola products.

In addition to a superior designer Tom was a generous, hardworking, loyal person with strong beliefs. He will be missed by everyone whose life he touched, and by the audio world at large.

BTW, Tom was, in fact, 57 years old.

"At 06.45AM, someone would take the interstate 61, unless he was in an early morning racing mood."

You may be referring to Interstate 91. Tom was travelling on CT RT15, the Merritt Parkway, when the accident occurred.

As someone who knew Tom, I also question the taste of suggesting that he needed more horsepower. Toms death was a shocking, crushing blow to those of us who knew him and to the entire industry.

Thomas Colangelo

I was really touched to hear that Tom Colangelo passed away in a car crash.
I still run a couple of designs from him, ML-7, ML-3 & ML-2's I listen to with great pleasure.
With Nelson Pass, Dan Agostino and Jeff Rowland he was in my opinion one of the greatest solidstate amplifier designers of this era. Hope his company and his designs will survive for a long time.

Robert

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.