problem with mosfets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I have a c-audio ST600 and it has mosfets burn.It used 2sk1058 and 2sj162.I have buy news this and I have tested before to mount and all are in shortcircuit beware S and D and I do not mount because I do not understand.I have make a tester circuit for mosfets and it,s the same.Why?Can anybody help me ?Thanks.I have send circuit test that I have used.

Attachments

• probador-mosfet.gif
    probador-mosfet.gif
    5.8 KB · Views: 369
Yes, they have a gate protection diode. So they probably are OK. However, if you measure from gate to another terminal with a voltmeter, it will either turn the device fully on (or fully off), depending on the polarity you applied.

To get a better reading, discharge the gate by touching the gate and one of the other terminals with your fingers. This will bleed off the residual charge and allow an accurate reading. Good luck.

rafelo

If you are going to be working with many mosfets and/or jfets I recommend you buy a semiconductor tester. They cost around us$100 and will recognise and test most types of transistor and fet. They use a few miliamps ( usually 3ma ) to test with and will not damage any of the parts. You can also use them to match parts for most operations.

Don

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.