opamp input based power amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AndrewT said:
Hi,
re posts ......19.
Can anyone explain why the last four EF Q7 to Q10 have Vbe~520mV but predrivers Q3 & Q6 have Vbe=690mV?

sparkle said:
post 14
according to my calculations Q3 and Q6 have arround 1.2mA accross, Q7 and Q9 have arround 6mA accross

have you simulated the circuit and that is why you are asking this questions?
Hi,
I am not capable of simulating a circuit!
I usually assign 650mV to Vbe and seeing those posted values alerted me to something odd going on.

I wonder if the posted values are from real life measurements or from a simulation using a set of poor models?
Or is there something here I don't understand?

well, to my knowledge you are right but usually i have had an experience (which can also Carlos - Destroyer X confirm) that transistors usually do not have 0.65V but more to the 0.6V.... and that is the value i am usually using for my calc's....maybe i am wrong....
well, we can hope that the guy that posted post 14 and 19 will reply to you about his sch that he posted here.... :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.