reading / tips for complete beginner

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'd like to get into making amplifiers / effects hardware / etc, however, I have extremely little knowledge beyond simple circuitry. So I'm looking for some suggested reading and any tips you might have to help me along the way. I'm pretty interested in experimental/electronic music and I'd like to try my hand at making some effects hardware first.

Ignite said:
...I'm pretty interested in experimental/electronic music and I'd like to try my hand at making some effects hardware first.
I would recommend that you learn how to solder and then try a kit project. I find that people who try to design or build from scratch the first time out can be discouraged enough to quit altogether. To improve your chances of success, you should try a kit that doesn't cost you too much. Check out:
http://www.paia.com/
I have never built any of their stuff, but I have heard good things about them. They have a lot of signal processors(effects) and stuff like that. They have a bunch of guitar effects in the $20 to $30us dollar range.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.