Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Searching desperately for J. Hidley's "2nd_order_HP_filter_calculator.xls" file.
Searching desperately for J. Hidley's "2nd_order_HP_filter_calculator.xls" file.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th June 2020, 05:52 PM   #1
kmplsv is offline kmplsv  United States
diyAudio Member

Question Searching desperately for J. Hidley's "2nd_order_HP_filter_calculator.xls" file.

I'm going insane trying to track down a copy of the old "2nd_order_HP_filter_calculator.xls" Excel spreadsheet that J. Hidley created quite a few years back. I desperately need it and can't figure out where I have it saved for the life of me. I've also searched high and low on the internet to no avail. The only mention of it I find inevitably leads to his original site, which has been down for a long time.

The original URL to the spreadsheet was Sorry, we couldn't find that page but the site is long gone. Does anyone have a copy of this file that they would be willing to share with me? I'd be forever grateful!
Old 30th June 2020, 07:31 PM   #2
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Here you go (i think this is the one you want)

dave
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2nd_order_HP_filter_calculator.xls.zip (11.5 KB, 17 views)
Old 30th June 2020, 07:33 PM   #3
kmplsv is offline kmplsv  United States
diyAudio Member

Thank you so much, but guess what? I just found it!

I was able to use the Way Back Machine to find some old copies of his website that were indexed by a web crawler. I downloaded the files I needed as well as several others in case I ever need them for reference. Horay! I immediately made a cloud back-up of the files as well. There's the saying that "nothing ever gets deleted from the internet," but it's crazy how close to "disappearing" some old web documents are.

Searching desperately for J. Hidley's "2nd_order_HP_filter_calculator.xls" file.Hide this!Advertise here!