REW software use

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I downloaded and installed REW software and made a loopback test using Focusrite as input and output device. I calibrated input and used 1000 Hz sine as input. It is Version 5.1. During startup it tells me that a newer version is available but it seems I have no permission to download that version. But that is not my issue right now. I made a loopback test with calibrated setting (no overload of input....green light) but the noise level is very high. More than 1% noise. I must have made an obvious mistake? …..with Arta noise is very low when I perform loopback test. I have attached an image of what I see on the main screen. Sine generator is set to -12 dB.
It is probably something with my levels that are not optimal. With Arta I adjusted to just before clipping of input signal and think I have set about same level using REW (set as recommended during calibration).

Attachments

• REW_noise.jpg
    REW_noise.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 198
Thank you!
I will try that tonight!

Ok...it is ver. 5.19 I have downloaded and 5.20 is suggested by the tool during startup but can see that on official homepage 5.19 is still the latest!
If I experience more troubles it will probably be a good idea to be member of the forum.

It made a big difference when I used Blackman-Harris 7 and I also switched to dBFS. The best I could get by playing with sine generator level was Noise level = 0.0034 % and THD+N = 0.0035% using Focusrite in loop-back. What is the "benchmark" for such a test?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.