How to update Libs in LTSpiceIV

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After a re-install of my LTspice IV on my Linux computer (using Wine) there popped-up in a very short time a window asking if I want to update because it was "so- and so" long time ago since last update. But before I clould click on the confirm button it disappeared.
How can I do such an update again? This because after a new start of the program it wasn't asked for anymore (until now).

It appears LTspice stopped the auto-update (of the program) since a couple of versions. Downloading manually from analog.com works fine, and after the installation, the program updates the lib. I haven't seen any information official or otherwise, on this.

I went through this about a year ago. I was unable to get the libraries to update, and resorted to manually updating the .lib files. However, this can be a big job if there are a large number of components to add. In the end, this approach was not particularly thorough and didn't seem to work all that well.

Eventually, I concluded it was necessary to download LT Spice XVII, and then all the libraries are readily available. The good news is that I went from spending days editing library files to being up and ready with a working sim inside of one hour.

Regards,

Rob

Almost all LTspiceXVII models are suitable for LTspiceIV. "Almost" because a new function has been added to LTspiceXVII recently and this function has been used in a couple of models. I store the libraries for LTspiceXVII + my libraries on Yandex Disk. Updating in LTspiceIV libraries is very easy. You just need to copy the contents of the lib folder for LTspiceXVII to the lib folder for LTspiceIV. If you need to, I will give you a link.

Thanks members for your responses.
In the end I also installed the LTspiceVII just to have the updated libraries. But I still have version IV running.
But after installing version VII, I waited for that window to pop up asking to update the libraries but, to my very surprise, it didn't.
@ bordodynov:
Do not know what you mean by that "Yandex Disk" so perhaps you are willing to give some more info? Thanks.

Thanks members for your responses.
In the end I also installed the LTspiceVII just to have the updated libraries. But I still have version IV running.
But after installing version VII, I waited for that window to pop up asking to update the libraries but, to my very surprise, it didn't.
@ bordodynov:
Do not know what you mean by that "Yandex Disk" so perhaps you are willing to give some more info? Thanks.

It's Russian cloud storage.
LTspiceXVII_2019Jan29.zip — Yandex.Disk
file LTspiceXVII_2019Jan29.zip ~60M

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.