What's wrong with FRD created on HOLMImpulse

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hm, not really easier than.
We would really need strict specification of FRD. It's so simple, yet it requires "artificial intelligence" to parse all different variants.
BTW why do you need unwrapped phase?

@Aucosticraft are you sure it is not just off scale?

Phase wrapping is decade easier than unwrapping, and unwrapping with simple logic becomes unreliable when excess delay (in phase response) is long enough compared to frequency resolution.

Unwrapped phase helps at least interpolation and extrapolation (re-scaling of frequency axis), smoothing and group delay calculation.

Wrapped phase (with decent or removed excess delay) is de facto standard in response files. Attached sample file HOLMImpulse.frd is raw result of FFT beginning at 0 Hz and therefore not so typical, small and fast as response file could be.

Seems to work (I had to change scale):
attachment.php

Attachments

• xsim_holmimpulse.png
    xsim_holmimpulse.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 298
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
When exporting FR as text from HOLM, I always add 99dB in the adjustment window before export. That brings the numbers up to a range suitable for XSim and Rephase. Remember to remove the 99dB boost in HOLM, or you'll be way off the scale. ;)

99.9dB is the max allowed, IIRC - so I simply use 99

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.