Is there a Spice Database on DIYAudio?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, Maybe it is somewhere posted here but I didn't find it. Is there a spice database here? Also, are TINA spice models the same as LTSpice models? AND Are the models in two parts? dot asc for the opamp library. dot sub for the sub library. I know newby question, it is what it is.

Cheers,

I'd like to know the same thing: is there an amalgamated library of models for LTspice?

Can you run a Pspice model on LTspice?

Surprised there are no responses to the OP in two months !

I believe you will find BJT models in the solid-state forum in a few different threads, but it takes a bit of searching.

SyncTronX and nauta

There is no database of Spice models here, though many models have been posted in response to requests from members.

All these questions are best answered at the Yahoo LTspice Users Group. A large number of models have been posted at the LTspiceFiles section with a searchable table of contents. Joining the group is thoroughly recommended.

ltwiki.org is also a very good source of information about LTspice and has a components library.

TINA models are often encrypted and cannot be used with any other simulator. The plain text PSipce models sometimes posted by manufacturers can usually be used with very little modification - this subject has been covered in the Yahoo group a number of times.

I hope this helps!

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Are the models in two parts?

dot asc for the opamp library. dot sub for the sub library.

Cheers,

A .asc is a schematic file. It is build up from parts and components and wiring. Parts and components are represented by a symbol, just a drawing that has no electrical significance other than showing the pins of the part or component it represents. Symbols are named .asy .

Parts and components come in two flavors, simple parts as .mod (a model) or components that are in themselves schematics, as .subckt (subcircuit). An opamp is a .subckt, a resistor is a .mod.

So in drawing a schematic (a .asc) you place symbols that represent either a .mod or a .subckt and connect the pins with wires.

Jan

Knut

It's noticeable that no one has taken you up on your offer.

I once tried to create my own big database of transistor models. However, on testing some of them, I found it was all a bit hit and miss with respect to their accuracy. I couldn't face testing them all, and came to the conclusion that it was better to have a small collection of models that I trusted and could actually use, rather than a large collection of models that I didn't really trust and would probably never use anyway.

Having said that, I'm sure someone in the LTspice community would find your collection useful. Perhaps you should put the file on the LTspice Yahoo Group files section, or get in touch with ltwiki.org, where bordodynov has posted a large collection. Or you could post it on andiha.no, and put a link here.

If you do post the file here, I for one will have a good look at them.

Best wishes
Stephen

are these these models usable with ngspice

Hello,
I've been using kicad for years and, now, I'd like to use the embedded ngspice simulator. However, I'm new to the latter.
Please, may someone tell me if the models found under the URLs provided through this thread can be used with ngspice and where they should be copied to ?

Thanks in advance and kind regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.