CSR8645 ROM configuration tool

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello so basically i found a github that offers the ability to turn an FTDI to an SPI programmer, and also found a tool on a chinese Forum to configure basically everything the CSR8645 board has to offer, anything from LED states to pin actions, events, tones for each action, custom tones, etc (more than 1000 different options). I came uppn this after having the tool but never getting it to work as it would crash when i tried to open the "transport" menu, but then it occurred to me to try and paste the .dll mentioned in the github posted below in the CSR8600 series configurator tool's folder and presto, it worked. It's a little bit unstable as it stands, it basically connects to the CSR chip as often as not, at least on my computer, but it's worth the try, because it's amazing the use you can give to this simple 5€ board, you can literally make you own product of diy project as it fits YOU!

Github: GitHub - lorf/csr-spi-ftdi: USB SPI programmer/debugger for CSR BlueCore bluetooth chips, based on FTDI USB to UART converter, for Linux and Windows

Csr8645 example:
6639_1797.jpg

http://www.icstation.com/images/big/products/6639_1797.jpg

For the CSR ROM tool and all info please refer to this link: Playing audio files with CSR8645 Bluetooth chip |

Hope everyone finds this useful :D

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,
Everything was going beautifully until I used the button "write to device" in Headset configuration tool. As you can read in another thread on diyaudio module stops working after vriting from Headset Configuration Tool.
ROM configuration tool overvrites some important booting records in eeprom. Does anyone know a way to restore the module F-3188 (with CSR8645) to life. I've made dump in PS Tools and ROM config but have no idea how to use it (the module does not seem to respond).

An Arduino board has everything you need to program a 5V SPI device

The CSR86XX is 1V8 SPI so you'll need a level shifter.

I know my Dad has an Arduino. How can I use that to get the CSR config tool talking to the device?

No, this tool only works with a CSR SPI Programmer (or clone).

Everything was going beautifully until I used the button "write to device" in Headset configuration tool. As you can read in another thread on diyaudio module stops working after vriting from Headset Configuration Tool.
ROM configuration tool overvrites some important booting records in eeprom. Does anyone know a way to restore the module F-3188 (with CSR8645) to life. I've made dump in PS Tools and ROM config but have no idea how to use it (the module does not seem to respond).

This is true for almost all but the latest versions of CSR Headset Tool. Version 3.0.70 is safe to use:
CSR8645 Bluetooth 4.0 AAC APT-X Module / Baseboard

To unbrick your module, connect the programmer, oben PS Tools and set the "VM disable" Key to "1", then reboot the module. Right then you can flash back your dump and reboot. The module normally is then debricked.

I'm still playing with this. At first it did not work because I had installed the FTDI windows drivers from the FTDI official website. Reading GitHub again I realised I needed to use the 'ZigZag' app mentioned to install libUSBk drivers. I should have read it more carefully the first time.

After doing that I found I had somehow blown up my CSR module (I had earlier been playing with grounding and bypassing to improve the audio side). I went to wire up another and accidentally supplied the FTDI board with +15V meant for the CSR regulator. Doh, I have been really clumsy!

I bought an FTDI RS232 eval board from Farnell to make sure it is a genuine chip. However it is FTDI to RS232, not pure FTDI so I need to remove the RS232 logic inverter/level shifter IC before I can use it. I'll keep going when I have some free time!

This is what I bought - http://uk.farnell.com/ftdi/eval232r/usb-to-rs232-evaluation-module/dp/1146041

They also sell an FT232RL only one, but it is more expensive than the one with an RS232 IC and a nice D-Sub connector! UM232R FTDI, USB to Serial UART Development Module, Uses FTDI's FT232RL, Optional Clock and Generator Output | Farnell UK

Last edited:
Hi,
I successfully integrate a CSR8645 into my old sennheiser headset (originally with FM transmitter).
I 've got little interferences due to the BT signal and the microphone, I probably have to isolate the microphone from BT waves otherwise the result is very good ! The sound of this module includind the microphone is really nice.
On my module (this one) I've got a "mute" key that doesn't do anything (probably a bad configuration of the firmware I suppose ?)

But my main question is this one : is there a way to allocate a GPIO/ a button to iphone siri thanks to PStools and config tool ?

Thanks for your advices !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.