Need help finding ( LE ) and x max from drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good evening everyone. I have the Audio Nirvana Classic super 3 driver's. I am able to put all the info on the measurement of the drivers but the ( LE )? How would I got about finding the LE from these driver's?

So second question is ? I have all the measurements of these 3 inch full range drivers but there's no x max listed on the drivers spec. Sheet? How would I go about finding it? E mail the speaker driver company? Cheer's Jeff

I found this spec sheet for the "Classic 3" here:
https://www.commonsenseaudio.com/an3specs.jpg

You could assume that the "Super 3" uses the same v.c. and magnet. My guess is that the Mms is lighter for the Super 3.

Given Re = 6.8 ohms, you can calculate Le at points on the impedance plot.
Note Le is not constant, but varies with frequency.

f = 1 kHz, Z ~ 8.0 ohms, Le(1 kHz) ~ 0.65 mH
f = 5 kHz, Z ~ 12.5 ohms, Le (5 kHz) ~ 0.34 mH
f = 10 kHz, Z ~ 18.2 ohms, Le (10 kHz) ~ 0.26 mH

Probably close enough for government work. ;)

I agree 1 hundred percent with you ScottMoose but, the program am using needs the x max or it will not work. Also Le as well. Some programs needs only a few numbers and is very basic. The program I am using is between middle of the road and high end. Thanks again ScottMoose. Cheer's Jeff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.