wire bridge / separators

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If your like me and fix engines up doing things like sticking very high voltage ignition coil amplifiers in them. You might of been unlucky enough to experience a crossfire situation leading to detonation. It can happen without touching your wallet. Or lead to several grand for a new engine :wrench::eek:

For stereo purposes, I can visualize power wires arcing if it were any, crossing in to one of many other lines. High current down the path of least resistance...it seems often likely. Effective insulation can do so much to resist it.

If it were more like a constant source of audible interference/ colouration it would be easier to determine how much bridges might offer positives. Reasons we would like them to in this hobby.

I went on a wire quest several months ago. If anything if bridges maintain them better they last longer/ look better.

Thats a good enough reason.

If I wasn't busy burning off pandemic bordom....chances are I wouldnt be qite as meticulous, ha!

I always liked nice quality wire sounds. I always kept it tucked in and took care of it my in mobile audio. I would route wire down through its custom junctions. It made changing parts very simple. Better than wresting wire to change an amp or speakers.

Another plus. But the reason I am here. A question of materials, suited non magnetic, just oak and walnut wood and aluminum this time.

I would of opted for glass cube (next time). Heavy sturdy, doesn't carry or store current. Stick on some 3M sticky loops, done, super fast super easy. (unless you trip on wires, use caution walking always)

Question, is acrylic conductive?

If you build it, you should at least build it correctly, lol!. Keeping in mind there is no "correct way" if something does not work either way :wave.

Attachments

• Screenshot (799).png
    Screenshot (799).png
    748 KB · Views: 94
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.