Stereo enhancements

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've recently discovered that the late Mr Siegfried linkwitz talks about stereo surround sound Surround stereo system

Basically adding a decorrelated delayed signal to the original untouched stereo playback, I've tried it using an old denon receiver using the Prologic IIX to extract the ambiance and delayed it 20 ms, the speakers used for the purpose starts rolling off around 1 khz , to avoid localization cues and they're omnidirectional in the horizontal plane, the result is excellent, once the correct volume is found, i'm noticing substantial improvements, the soundstage is wider when called for, more spacious and the sense of envelopment is increased.

I've been reading about Watson WATSON-Stereo_Expansion_Loudspeakers
again something Mr Linkwitz talked about and wondering if i can add it to my existing system, i'll have to get a few missing pieces so it s not so easy to just try it.
would the ambience interact negatively with the watsons?
what do you guys think?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.