Best Speaker types for my room + room correction tips

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello there,

i'm looking at upgrading my speakers and my living room.
Here is the configuration of it:
20201218_094253.jpg - Google Drive
20201218_094633.jpg - Google Drive
As you can see the room is 8.2m long with 3.5m large, 2.5m height, in one side there is a sliding glass door and on the other side , it is open all 4.2m long to the kitchen & dining room.

Today i've 2 JBL XPL200 but i was looking at changing it by either open baffles but i think i do not have enough space next and behind the speakers for this. my configuration is in a 5.0 mode as of now.

I was looking at JBL 4343/4344 like speakers position next to the wall or even line array speakers or ...
in the ceiling i'm able to integrate speakers , so i'll certainly see for putting 2 to 4 speakers in the ceiling as well.

All my gears are in the little room with the white sliding door as you can see on the picture. i've a Pre-amp EMOTIVA XMC1, some power amps like a crown K1 or an AIWA P22, and crossovers.

My questions for you guys are:
- what kind of speakers would be the best for such type of living room configuration? OB, cornwall/4343 like speakers, Voigt speakers with TB W8 1818, Line array, ...

- And also what kind of room treatment would i have to do in order to optimize the sound quite a bit knowing that today i'm using DIRAC Live for room correction?

Thx a lot !!!

Last edited:
being the oblique thinker i am i would elevate them somehow either with a shelf at 36 inches high or a stand (that could double as storage) and tilt them 4 to 6 degrees or suspend them in an adjustable sling (think studio or theater environment)
you've got nice gear.. treat the side walls with some acoustic foam and be happy!

- what kind of speakers would be the best for such type of living room configuration?
"Best" doesn't seem like the exactly right word.
Considering your room and speaker placement conventional (ok, conventional in some quarters:)) compact 2ways waveguide+15" woofer (or less) may be good. And with Double or Single Bass Array bass may be exellent.

At least this is what I myself use in the room 4.2*9*3 (for stereo)

Regarding Voight pipes with 8" FR - I have had them for a long time and do not miss them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.