Placing speakers on each side of tv placed in a corner

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was given the task of finding a goodsounding stereo for my friend. - He Prefer to have the TV in the corner of the room, and he would like satellites plus a subwoofer. Music playback is the most important, but wouldnt hurt to have speakers relatively close to each side of the tv so that dialogue would come from that general direction.

So my question is if its really a no go to place 2 stereo speakers in the same corner of a room - Like 2 meters apart?

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Many speakers don't like being near walls. They can have upper bass issues and higher frequency reflections off the screen and walls, for example.

This depends on the speakers you use. Explore the allowable angles for toeing them and the distance from the wall. Consider using them in front of and below the screen. Maybe you can even flush mount them.

He just moved into his new Apartment, and has only temperarily furnitured it, so TV might end up on the wall. I have a pair of Bose 201 he can have for free, and an active sub he can have for the price of what I paid secondhand, which was 75 dollars. That leaves alot for wireless amplification since the budget is up to 900 dollars. The Bose 201 demands placement close to seperate corners for their tweeter to do their jobs. Im also renovating and upgrading som twoway 15 liter bassreflex speakers, that might suit if he sticks with keeping TV in the corner.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.