reason for crossover mounting location

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have read that it is best to mount the crossover on the interior of the back panel of the speaker enclosure....because of the binding posts on my currect project, this gets kind of tricky...wouldnt it be ok to mount it on the bottom panel? in my opinion, this would be more efficient because the weight of the components wouldnt be trying to pull the crossover off the back panel...it will already be resting on the bottom panel, so it should be easier to glue...

also, can i just use twisty-ties to hold crossover components together, or is glue necessary?

thnk you sreten

because of those binding posts, I am gonna go ahead and mount it on the side, but the inductors and placed towards the rear which will be the same as if it was mounted on the back panel...

i have read that multiple inductors should be mounted so that they are at differnent angles, so their magnetic fields dont interfere with each other...how exactly does one make sure they arent interfereing?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.