Power xformer for chip amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am planning on building one of BrianGT's LM4780 chipamps when I gather all the necessary items to start... I have in my pile of old transformers a unit with secondary winding providing 37 vAC on each side of a center tap.

I realize this will give me about 52 VDC after rectification. My question is this: Will this overdrive the 4780 chip?
National's datasheet shows maximum of 84 volts, but all their circuits are designed at 35V plus and minus. Will my xformer work?

So quick to give the big "XXX"! :whazzat:

Regulate it down to a safe voltage if you don't mind the heat generated by the regulators (and the wasted power)

If you don't want to regulate the power supply, rewind the transformer for the appropirate voltages. In this case, that should be, UNwind for appropriate voltages! It usually is NOT all that difficult, but quite intimidating nonetheless.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.